The older I get, the more I am in awe of the life around me.
With age comes wisdom, and a feeling of confidence that you are doing the proper things and heading in the right direction. (I’ll try not to mention the aches and pains).
For what it is worth, here are some of my philosophies. A few I have had for a while, but many I have acquired recently.
1. Never judge anyone solely on their color, ethnicity, or religious beliefs. I have many black, Jewish and Muslim friends. I couldn’t love and respect them any more than I do right now. Stop the hate, it gets you nowhere.
2. I recently toured Europe with my family and made the decision to go as I was lying in a hospital bed in February recovering from a quadruple bypass. Don’t wait to take the trip. Do it now.
3. Order what you want. Forget about the diet. If you need to go to the gym the next day, do it.
4. Don’t get caught up in minor squabbles, especially with family members. If there is a sore subject, avoid it. In points of conflict, my standard line is “My love for you and our relationship means more to me than this issue.”
5. Incorporate meditation, prayer, and exercise into your normal daily activities.
6. Pick something you love to do and do it for a living.
7. Start early and work late.
8. There is no final destination. The journey is the destination.
9. Let the car in front of you in the line of traffic.
10. Be grateful.
Here is to a great 2024 for ALL of us!